A Touch of Evil

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

randomness and the head

I gave an exam in random variables and probability this afternoon. Now I have a weird feeling in my head. Of vagueness blended with clarity.
Vague since the paper I attempted left me pretty clueless for most part of the three hours I spent in the examination hall.
Clear since I know for certain that I dont have a future in theoretical mathematics.
Vague since I dont usually prepare so carelessly for an exam (4 days totalling to 30 mins of study over the weekend, a trip to CCD yesterday, averaging 10 hours of sleep).
Clear because I know my marks in the paper would be just the same even if I had prepared thrice as hard.
Vague since I dont know whats going to follow the rest of today.
Clear that I want to sleep another 10 hours tonight.

Basically the world is full of confused people trying to present a clear picture of themselves. Some appear to be confident, some appear to be in tatters. But look closer and everyone is pretty much confused. Life is too random anyways. Maybe things get sorted out with time or they get altogether replaced by new issues. Maybe.

And I guess sleep will for now sweep off all the randomness in my head and set me up for a clean start tomorrow. Another exam looms in the horizon.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home