A Touch of Evil

Friday, January 05, 2007

Music and Mood I

I've been witnessing MI for the past 5 yrs. My mind is full of myriad images and strong memories from each year of the fest. But the things I connect most with each MI are the songs that became part of the memories.. song performed in the pronites or songs played in the stalls:-

MI 02:-
  • Breathless by Shankar Mahadevan. Still remember him repeating the track twice on audience demand
  • Smells like teen spirit and Another brick in the wall by Pentagram. They played some weird techno remixes of the songs but the memories still stick in my head
MI 03:-
  • Aa bhi jaa and Jaane kya dhoondta.. by Lucky Ali. Never seen a more packed OAT or a more engrossed crowd!
  • Niladri instrumental piece. It became my ringtone for nearly a year
  • The Trooper, Fear of the Dark by Livewire finalists. Here were sown the seeds of my lasting affair with Iron Maidens
  • Like a Stone by QED. And here began my craze with Audioslave and anything remotely Grunge
MI 04:-
  • Dhol Vajda and Don't be Shy. Every stall playd these songs some fifty times a day. Quintessential dance tracks.
  • Flute Song, Pyaar to hona hi tha... and other Remo numbers. Still remember the whole team gathering near the marketing gate entry to OAT and dancing together
  • Run like hell. The song that Parikrama played during the sound check on the day Livewire got cancelled. Never seen emotions run so high on campus.
  • PSP 12", Lucy, But it Rained, Yellow... Tsunami Livewire.. What a high!
MI 05:-
  • Aadat. The standard song on every stall and then recreated by the Mantra finalists
  • Suno Naa... Shaan makes the crowd go ecstatic. The tense moments preceeding his late arrival and the high that followed thereafter are unforgettable.
  • Bandeh. In the aftermath of a forgettable PAF, Indian Ocean set the night afire with their brilliance. Still remember stealing a minute to sit in the crowd, watch them play this song and watch her dance by the sound box
  • Smoke on the water. Vayu provides the perfect end to the craziest four days of my life.
MI 06:-
  • Tauba tauba, Teri Deewani, Chak de phatte. Kailash Kher made me dance like never before :P
  • Niladri once more. The same tunes and the same effect once again!
I guess there would be some precious songs with beautiful memories attached that I would have missed out in my list. Would be great if someone pointed them out.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home