A Touch of Evil

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

the road

its a dark highway. there are hardly any vehicles on the road. the street lights are throwing their beams on the vast stretches of tarmac. in the distance the road curves and then disappears into nothingness. flyovers and hoardings mark the horizon.

and i drive on.. everyday. theres a different person each time for company. theres a different song on each drive. there are lorries and trucks around, there are crazy bikers, there are swanky mercs and rash cabbies. vehicles of different makes are few and sparsely distributed.

i dunno where the road is taking me. i am stepping on the accelerator. i can hear the wind hit my car. i can hear the engine buzz. i think i am in control but am i really? or am i just racing away unknowlingly into blankness and unchartered territories? i feel as though a spell has been cast on me. my senses are enslaved by this greater will thats urging me to press the throttle.

the people besides me are changing. the song is changing. the road is winding. and i still don't know where i am heading...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home