A Touch of Evil

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Shadow

Long time ago.. I stood up to watch the view before me. There were forests, lakes, mountains and rivers... everything they said that formed a part of paradise. But amidst it all I saw a hideous shadow before me. I closed my eyes in fright. But after a point of time, I imagined the shadow was never there, or perhaps it had left. I found the courage to open my eyes. Alas! It was still there. Macabre and taunting.

Once more I shut my eyes. Hoped and prayed it would go. But no, the next time I open them, it loomed before me as big as ever. Not remotely diminished, not even slightly faded. It mocked me with its glowing red eyes. I stumbled, bled and burned.

The shadow was always there. All the time. Every time I opened my eyes, I saw it stare right back with its piercing eyes. Every single time. I think it will never go.

I just need to turn around and change my view.

1 Comments:

  • Just wait for the sun to rise or find if you have turned ur back onto some source of light (because of which the shadow before urself)... Once you face this light, the shadow will be behind you.. It will still try and follow you but it can never catch up with u if you continue to move towards the light...

    Sabby (bloody Sabby :D).

    By Blogger Hrisheekesh Sabnis, at 3:04 AM, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home