A Touch of Evil

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Johnny Crash'ed

I just read an Asterix. Perhaps only the second one I've ever read. Its too kiddish. Dunno why mota starts drooling at the thought of them.

I waste too much time playing on my cell phone :( Its bloody addictive and mind numbing. Every once in a while I get inspired to do something interesting with my life, every once in a while I get infused with energy and creativity. And then it wears down while I make my eyes sore over stupid Johnny Crash surpassing the high scores.

This week has been remarkably quick. Can't believe the weekend will be here in 2 days. Something to look forward to at last. I can't remember doing anything exciting on my birthday in the past 10 to 15 years. It always falls in the middle of summer when people are home for vacation. Hopefully this one would be memorable.

Tonight is the Champion's League finals. Hope AC Milan wins. Am confused as to whether I should I stay up and watch the match or just go to sleep. Since I proudly claim to be an avid football follower, this is the least I could do to prove the same.

And talking about work.... Somewhere the sting is missing. I plan, I get excited, I can see solutions in the horizon, but I really hate to sit and finish things. I am growing lazier by the day. Feeling wholly unsatisfied with my work over the past few months. Feel like blaming it on the client, the problem statement, the people around, the constraints.... and yet there has always been a part of me which has been reluctant, holding back, lazy perhaps...

I should go to the gym... the headache will just be an excuse. For the nth time, let me not break the habit.

People are two faced. There are some who overwhelm you with their charisma, their energy, empathy and wit. You start adoring them and want them as your friends. But sometimes I think their show of care and enthusiasm, their humor and apparent interest in you is but an act. Deep inside, they are shrewd, scheming and entirely driven by selfish motives.

3 Comments:

  • You are getting better. This is as frank as you can get. Make sure nobody reads this at your workplace :P

    By Blogger pj, at 10:58 AM, May 24, 2007  

  • @PJ: I read it :)
    @ Salim: Dude, you are doing fine. How you feel about your work is nothing to do with you but with operations and implementation.

    Get on to a new study quickly and stay way from operations :) I am sure you will then re-experience the best of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM, May 28, 2007  

  • last para....screw them up!!!

    A reader/critic

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 AM, June 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home